The Intern Call, our annual communications internship program is an integral part of our human resource and growth strategy; to build a great workplace with great internal teams. We believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work.
The Intern Call, our internship program is a quick path to getting into our agency and also into the industry. Becoming an intern in Arden & Newton provides an exceptional opportunity for learning about the ins and outs of working in the influential field of branding, marketing, advertising, public relations and image management.
Our work is versatile, across a broad range of services, so also is the experience gained by interns.
Categories for the 2021 batch:
Brand Strategist and Planners
Working under the direct supervision and tutelage of the agency’s lead strategist, our interns are brand strategists will develop methods to enhance a brand’s visibility and market share. This role balances creative, analytical, and strategic thinking. They will conduct rigorous analysis and market research to understand customer behavior, then use that information to develop marketing strategies that raise brand awareness, drive customer growth, improve a brand’s positioning, and generate revenue.
Who we’re looking for:
- A strong researcher, writer, creative and forward thinker.
- Comfortable using research to identify important themes and come up with unique insights. Familiarity with pop culture and news.
- Comfortable thinking conceptually and creatively; a willingness to share ideas openly. Enthusiastic and able to contribute at any given stage throughout the process; can pitch in wherever help is needed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Background in design is a plus.
- Develop positioning recommendations, guide market research analysis and define brand elements and tone.
- Research and identify cultural trends that may impact a client’s business, through studies, online articles, social media, and moments in pop culture.
- Assist on a competitive audit and help identify white space opportunities in a particular industry.
- Develop a marketing plan through analysis of current market data and trends
Working under the direct supervision and tutelage of the agency’s senior copywriters, our interns are responsible for the linguistic content of ads produced within the agency. They would work across a range of media and formats, interpreting account briefs to compose advertorial content such as slogans, catchphrases, and scripts for tv and/or radio adverts.
Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times. Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action. Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends.
Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Typical responsibilities include:
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Research and understand the client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate with a team of account managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of the final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches when necessary
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Working under the direct supervision and tutelage of the agency’s senior art directors, our interns are responsible for creating brand, sales and marketing materials to help clients convey their image, ensure that all its marketing and sales communications have a consistent look and feel.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to breathe life into a brand and give it a tangible identity, utilize their skills across multiple types of design, with a focus on brand identity. You’ll conceptualize and build brand identities from the ground up for a diverse range of clients and products.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Ability to translate high-level business solutions into a visual identity system from start to finish.
- Assists team in producing artwork for marketing print and digital campaigns, including but not limited to Key Art, billboards, newspaper ads, marketing kits, magazine ads, television graphics, web and social media assets, brand manuals, and other projects as assigned.
- Execute design projects from ideation to implementation while managing personal workflow, schedule, and deadlines.
- Implement a consistent and cohesive brand identity across all channels.
- Strategically partner with a copywriter to amplify messaging with design.
Depending on performance, interns will be given full-time employment with the agency at the end of the program.
While the selection process is competitive, students of brand and marketing schools will be given priority consideration.
Starts Tuesday 9th – Wednesday 10th March 2021
Send CV, Introductory note and link to previous copy based project, portfolio (Designers) etc